I had a few queries on the banana bread I was making with Joshua today that I thought I would do a post on it. I am by no means a cooking expert but this one is so easy to make and toddler baking friendly.
Best ever banana bread recipe:
100g butter – soft
100g brown sugar
1 egg 450g bananas, mashed (ripe ones are better)
3 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
225g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
40g chopped pecans or walnuts (optional, i didn’t put these in as I am not a fan of nuts in bread)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a 22 x 11 x 7cm tin (A small loaf tin basically).
- Have your toddler mash up the banana in a separate bowl while you measure out the other ingredients.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy then add egg and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add mashed bananas, yoghurt and vanilla essence.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and salt and beat this gradually into the banana mixture.
- Finally stir in the raisins and chopped nuts if using. Let your toddler use their wooden spoon to mix this in themselves. (At this point you will probably need to pull out and fend off little fingers if you haven’t had to already as the batter is delicious).
- Bake for about an hour until stick inserted in the centre comes out clean. (I checked at 45 minutes and this was enough to cook it and have it super moist so would recommend checking to see what it is like at this time and decide if you want to cook it longer. My oven at that temperature seems to cook things a bit quicker.) Let it cool in the pan and is lovely served warm.